Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Golden Hour Self Portraits

I have been dying to do a photo shoot like this for awhile now.  I was going to create a flower band with Tiger lilies but they didn't look right with the ferns.  So I'm going to have to figure some else out for the Tiger lilies.  Anybody interested? :) Feel free to message me on my Facebook page!  

Anywho, I did my makeup inspired by the Tiger lily in oranges, purple and black and I made a head band out of two ferns.  I waited until golden hour to shoot.  Golden hour is the first hour of sunlight in the morning and the last hour of the sunlight in the evening.  It is a magically time, where the light is soft and gorgeous for a photo shoot.  

I haven't done a lot of shoots at the golden hour, so I wanted to experiment, plus I had just gotten my wireless remote for my camera!  So I wanted to test it out!  Here are the results.  Don't be shy, leave me a comment to tell me what you think.  

Oh and I played with different styles of editing photographs in Photoshop.  




This is my favorite one!  I love the affect of the lens I used, as well.  The background is all blurry and broken up into bokehs. Absolutely beautiful!  I need to use the lens more often.









I hope you enjoyed my pictures.  If you get a chance, check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmidgeMariePhotography  
Like my page if you like my work please! 

And/Or 


Thanks!
Smidge Marie aka Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment