Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Older Work

Hello again!

First off, here is my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmidgeMariePhotography    If you like my work, like my facebook page! Thanks in advance!


I figured I would share some of my older work from college.  As I stated in another post I went to Cazenovia College for a B.F.A. in Photography.  During that time I did a bunch of different photo shoots for class assignments and just because I could!  Some inside, some outside, some on campus, some not on campus....

I don't know if anybody reading this has been to Cazenovia, NY, but it is a beautiful little town! It has a ton of sites that are hidden gems for photo shoots   Cazenovia is an older town, that has amazing architecture, a pretty lake, and trails leading to old abandoned buildings.

Here are some pictures I took during my time there:


This picture was taken at my house for my senior project "Farm Life".  And yes, I do live on a farm and I am proud of that fact!


This is one of those cool places in Cazenovia aka Caz.  There are a bunch of windmills up there.  Let me tell you, I felt very tiny standing next to the mill.  I took this picture with a large format camera (I love large format photography).  Anywho...if you don't know what a large format camera is imagine in the old days, when the photographer would take picture under a cloth with this giant camera...yup thats a large format camera!  The film is 4x5 inches...HUGE!


I visited my sister in GA, my sophomore year and we went to Okefenokee State Park.  It's pretty awesome there! Beware of the gators though!


A little boy named Alex.  The best thing about this picture....?  He was not posing for me!


My dad.


Some eggs from the chickens.


My friend Auggie in another cool location in Caz.  


This was battle of the airbands. 


Kari in the studio


Lala!

Lala again! And no....she is NOT naked...she is wearing her belly dancing clothing.



My brother's best friend's farm.


The photo department and the fashion department work together for the fashion show at Caz.  I was able to photograph a student's collection. The fashion show is a HUGE deal.  The shows always sell out and they draw big names in the fashion world.  

Here's a picture of me in the show:  God...I miss college...it was such fun!




So, that is a very small section of some of my photography work from college.



No comments:

Post a Comment